In order to overcome different kinds of bacteria, physicians prescribe anti-bacterial remedies. One of such is Macrobid. This is a pretty effective and popular remedy. Its main active substance is known as nitrofurantoin. It effectively fights the bacteria in the system during a pretty brief period of time. The main range of action is used to overcome infections of the urinary tract. It is a mistake to think that is can be used for different kidney ailments.
Mind that it may be used for some other purposes. If you are interested in them, find other guides or consult a specialist in this field.
This drug is very strong. Accordingly, the process of treatment does not pass without some unwanted effects. There are certain Macrobid effects that induce discomfort and even may harm your health. Before you start your therapy, you should better learn all these potential negative outcomes. Thus, you’ll know that they are induced exactly due to this drug.
There are the following Macrobid common side effects:
- Flushing of the face and color alterations
- An increased temperature
- The feeling of weakness
- Pain in muscles and joints
- Difficulty breathing
- Skin rash
- Unexpected problems with swallowing and breathing
- Swelling of different parts of the body (face, mouth, feet etc.)
Some other adverse reactions take places a bit rarer. These are:
- Black, lingering stools
- Blood during urination and/or stools
- Feelings of pain in various sites of the body
- The redness of the skin
- A sore throat
- An impossibility to stand firmly
- Unconventional bleeding events
- Vulnerability to bruising
- Uncommon and frequent tiredness (in hands and legs etc.)
This is not the full list. There are other Macrobid side effects, which happen rarely. Please, make allowances for the following indications:
- Pain in the abdominal area
- Loss of vision, pain in the eyes, problems with eye perception and other problems with vision
- Peeling of the skin and some other problems with the skin
- Dark urine
- Difficulties with digestion (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea)
- A lowered appetite
- Some mental deviations (such as depression)
- Frequent mood swings
- Swollen and/or irritated eyes
- Too sensitive glands etc.
Mind that there may occur some other rare adverse reactions. Some of them don’t need medical attention. Their severity is not that serious and intensive. Some reactions may not be even related to the effects of nitrofurantoin. For instance, diarrhea or gas. Due to these possibilities, Macrobid cannot be freely released from any pharmacy. It can be only appointed by a physician.
In general, these adverse reactions are not severe and may be easily treated. However, you should never delay once you experience them. Turn to the medical expert as soon as you experience any of them. The sooner the better. Thus, an expert will be able to help you more effectively and you will not face dangerous outcomes. Learn these lists to define why you face some unwanted effects.
Many people ask what the Macrobid overdose symptoms are. They are quite similar to the common and rare adverse reactions. Nonetheless, the cases of overdose are very dangerous. They sufficiently increase the severity of all symptoms. Accordingly, they may greatly endanger the health of examinees who took too big doses. You should never intake more than it was prescribed by your physician.
All doses are appointed by an expert. Their change is potentially hazardous. All dose adjustments can be made by an expert only. Don’t undergo such risk without the permission.